- "The jungle barbarians have not been around for more than three hundred years. Their language was long ago absorbed by the mountain Mooloolian tribes—"
The Mooloolians were a tribe that was native to Janguine, a planet located in the Halthor sector of the Outer Rim Territories. They occupied the mountainous region of the planet, while a species of barbarians inhabited the jungle regions. The jungle barbarians eventually vanished, with the Mooloolian tribe absorbing their language by the year 275 BBY. In 25 ABY, the protocol droid C-3PO speculated that the language used by a newly encountered species, the Yuuzhan Vong, was related to the Janguine language; however, this later proved groundless.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
R. A. Salvatore created the Mooloolians for his novel The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime, published by Del Rey in 1999. They were also mentioned in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, published in 2008.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (First mentioned)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 329 ("Mooloolian")
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial