A moon was a celestial body that circled another celestial body, usually a planet. A planet could have several moons orbiting it, as exemplified by Hoth or Iego, which was nicknamed the "Planet of a Thousand Moons." It was also possible for a moon to have moons of its own, such as in the case of Ajan Kloss. Like planets, moons came in a variety of terrains, from barren rock to lush forests, and were sometimes referred to as "worlds."
A moon was equally as likely to support life as the planet it orbited and some moons were habitable, such as the moons of Naboo, which at one point hosted spice mines. The Rebel Alliance maintained a base on the fourth moon of the gas giant Yavin. The Forest Moon of Endor and the space around it were the site of a decisive battle between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi