- "My source came through! He provided us with the coordinates for a secret, decommissioned New Republic impound on the moon of Avedot… There's supposed to be a cache of weapons confiscated from pirates that's been sitting there for years!"
- ―Poe Dameron
The moon of Avedot was a mountainous moon of the planet Avedot in the Colonies region that hosted Base 354-23X, a New Republic impound facility. The base was eventually decommissioned, but it still held a cache of confiscated weapons taken from pirates years before.
While searching for supplies for the Resistance during its war against the First Order in 34 ABY, operatives Finn and Poe Dameron embarked on a mission to raid Base 354-23X. They were pursued by the Kendoh Gang, a crew of bounty hunters that wished to turn Finn over to the First Order to collect his bounty. The Kendoh Gang nearly succeeded in capturing both Finn and Dameron, but the Resistance operatives managed to escape with most of the impounded weapons.
Description[edit | edit source]
A terrestrial moon that orbited the Colonies planet Avedot, the moon of Avedot was covered in rocky, mountainous terrain. Its atmosphere was breathable both to humans and other species, including Aqualish and Clawdites. The moon's sky was lit with a bright orange color, and it appeared blue from space.
History[edit | edit source]
- "The presence of the First Order doesn't just complicate things—it raises the stakes. Do you think they forgot about our botched job on the moon of Avedot?"
- ―Kendoh Gang member Remex Io, to Kendoh Voss
During its reign, the New Republic operated Base 354-23X, a secret impound storage facility on the moon of Avedot, which held vehicles and weapons confiscated from pirates. The facility was eventually decommissioned, but the items it contained were left behind, while the New Republic itself eventually collapsed.
In 34 ABY, during its war against the First Order, the Resistance wished to acquire supplies and weapons. Resistance members Poe Dameron and Finn were thus sent to meet with a contact on the Wayward Comet refueling station who informed them of a cache of confiscated weapons that were stored at Base 354-23X. Dameron and Finn traveled to the moon with a team of Resistance operatives but were pursued by the mercenary crew known as the Kendoh Gang, whose leader, Kendoh Voss, sought to turn Finn over to the First Order and collect the bounty on him. Dameron managed to locate the cache of weapons, but the bounty hunters killed the other Resistance operatives while in pursuit of Finn.
The Kendoh Gang had trapped the two Resistance operatives within Base 354-23X but were unaware of Dameron's presence. Although Finn led the mercenaries away from Dameron, who loaded the supplies aboard the Resistance team's starship, Voss soon located and approached Dameron, intent on obtaining the bounties on both Resistance operatives. However, Dameron's droid, BB-8, rolled an activated thermal detonator into the base. While the resulting explosion allowed Dameron to escape, it began to trigger the remaining weapons, causing the base to become unstable. Finn and Dameron then departed with the weapons they had gathered, evading the Kendoh Gang, which similarly evacuated the base before it was destroyed. Afterward, the stormtroopers of the First Order's 709th Legion on the planet Batuu held animosity toward the Kendoh Gang because of its failure on the moon of Avedot.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- "Uh, are you sure this dump was even a New Republic impound? Looks like it could date back to the Old Republic…"
"I trust my contact. If she said there's a cache of weapons impounded here—then there's a cache of weapons here…somewhere."
- ―Finn and Poe Dameron
Base 354-23X, an impound storage facility of the New Republic, was situated on a mountainside on the moon of Avedot. The impound, utilized to hold vehicles and weapons that had been confiscated from pirates, was eventually abandoned and its security systems left disabled. The ammunition and weapons it contained were detonated during the Resistance's skirmish with the Kendoh Gang, which set the entire impound to explode.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The moon of Avedot was first mentioned in Galaxy's Edge 2, a comic book written by Ethan Sacks and published by Marvel Comics on May 22, 2019. It first appeared in Allegiance 2, a comic also written by Sacks, illustrated by Luke Ross, and published by Marvel Comics on October 16, 2019.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Allegiance 1 (Mentioned only)
- Allegiance 2 (First appearance)
- Allegiance 3
- Allegiance 4
- Galaxy's Edge 2 (First mentioned)
- Galaxy's Edge 3 (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge 5 (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy's Edge 2 establishes that the moon orbits Avedot, which Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu establishes to be a planet in the Colonies region.
- Galaxy's Edge 2
- Allegiance 2
- Allegiance 4
- Allegiance 1
- The Star Wars Book
- Star Wars: Allegiance is set after the events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary places in the same year as the Starkiller Incident, dated by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas to 34 ABY. Allegiance also takes place prior to the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge comic series, which in turn is set before the events of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge themed land. The Star Wars Book similarly dates the Battle of Batuu, depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to the same year as the Starkiller Incident, meaning that the events of Allegiance, including the appearance of the moon of Avedot, are also set in 34 ABY.
- Allegiance 3
- Galaxy's Edge 3