- "Morak? There's nothing on Morak."
"It's a secret Imperial mining hub, okay?"
- ―Din Djarin and Migs Mayfeld
Morak was a jungle planet inhabited by humans. The planet served as a secret mining hub for the Galactic Empire, which processed rhydonium in a secret refinery. Following the fall of the Empire and the rise of the New Republic, Imperial forces continued to operate on the planet. Around 9 ABY, intending to locate the cruiser of Moff Gideon, the Mandalorian Din Djarin and the former Imperial sharpshooter Migs Mayfeld infiltrated the Morak refinery to extract the cruiser's coordinates from a terminal. In their escape, Mayfeld fired Boba Fett's cycler rifle at the shipment of rhydonium, setting off an explosion that destroyed the refinery.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season Two Companion"—Star Wars Insider 202 (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 15: The Believer"
- The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of "Chapter 15: The Believer", which includes the appearance of the Morak Imperial Remnant, must have taken place around 9 ABY. establishes that