- "Morseerians are methane breathers."
- ―Has Obitt
Biology and appearance
Morseerians were a sentient species native to the planet Merj, that had elongated, conical heads, four arms, and a methane-based respiration. Morseerians were unable to distinguish human faces. Morseerians had to wear special suits and gas masks when traveling to oxygen-based planets. Morseerians had green skin, though the skin underneath their suits was translucent.
Morseerians in the Galaxy
Multiple Morseerian scientists worked for the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, including Nan Pakota and Urshe Torr. They were tasked with overseeing the creation of a biological warfare agent that would affect the clone troopers in the Grand Army of the Republic. Galactic Republic Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic undertook a mission to Merj to capture the scientists and then use them in a prisoner exchange on Vallt.
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, a male Morseerian named Nabrun Leids, attended the cantina of Mos Eisley the day Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker met Han Solo and Chewbacca. Many years later, Leids was present on Oba Diah, where he told Karr Nuq Sin about Skywalker and Kenobi's appearance at the cantina, though Leids did not remember what planet it had occurred on.
Behind the scenes
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- (First identified as Morseerian)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 78 (Weapons & Uniforms: Mos Eisley Spaceport Cantina) (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"