- "Get those mortars up here!"
- ―Captain Rex during the Battle of Umbara
A mortar was an indirect fire weapon that hurled explosive projectiles in a high arc. During the Clone Wars, the Grand Army of the Republic used a model of mortar that was portable enough to be carried by one clone trooper.
During the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was equipped with several mortars. During the Battle of Umbara, the 501st used them against the clone troopers from Waxer's platoon of the 212th Battalion, whom Krell said were Umbarans disguised as clones.
During the Galactic Civil War, the modular design of the Empire's All Terrain Scout Transport allowed for ease in customizing armaments and tools for specific mission parameters. Mortar launchers were one such weapon that could be attached to the command pod of the AT-ST.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell" (First appearance)
- Last Shot
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars 21: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legion – AT-ST Unit Expansion (Card: AT-ST Mortar Launcher)
- Star Wars: Legion – Phase II Clone Troopers Unit Expansion (Card: Mortar—Phase II Clone Trooper)