History[edit | edit source]
The monolith acted as a gateway into the realm of Mortis, where the Father, Son and Daughter—three Force Wielders known as The Ones—resided as anchorites, cut off from the rest of the galaxy. When it opened up in the middle, a blinding white light came from within. Each side of the monolith was over 5,000 meters long.
In the year 44 ABY, after the death of Abeloth, Grand Master Luke Skywalker sent ten Jedi Knights out to search for the monolith. The Jedi searched for the Dagger of Mortis to prepare for the eventual return of the former Mother.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
- Crucible (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Mortis monolith)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded