- "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
Mos Eisley was a spaceport on the desert planet of Tatooine. It was located on the Great Mesra Plateau, north of Anchorhead, and southeast of the Jundland Wastes. The spaceport, while lacking a primary landing facility, contained 362 hangars in which arrivals could berth.
Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina was where Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi met Han Solo and Chewbacca, during their attempts to reach Alderaan and deliver the Death Star plans to the Rebel Alliance. Imperial stormtroopers also searched Mos Eisley for R2-D2 and C-3PO, the holders of the missing Death Star plans. The cantina was also home to the infamous confrontation between Han Solo and Greedo, which led to Greedo's untimely death. Ponda Baba and Dr. Cornelius Evazan were present at Mos Eisley, and Obi-Wan Kenobi cut off Ponda Baba's right arm with his lightsaber.
When Boba Fett was hired by Darth Vader to find information on the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, Fett went to the cantina in search of information, knowing that Han Solo had frequented it. He learned the pilot's name, from a young moisture farmer, was Luke Skywalker, and went in search of him, encountering him in the home of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
In 9 ABY, the bounty hunter Din Djarin arrived in Mos Eisley looking for repairs to his ship, the Razor Crest, and took a job with Toro Calican to hunt Fennec Shand. Toro shot her and left her for dead on the sands of Tatooine. Shortly after, Boba Fett found her, and took her to a mod-parlor, where a modifier saved her life.
Djarin later returned to Mos Eisley in in search of a Mandalorian to help him, and proceeded to Mos Pelgo, where he met Cobb Vanth. He later returned to the city, and was introduced to "Frog Lady" by Peli, who said she might know where to find Mandalorians. After the destruction of the Razor Crest, Djarin returned to Peli again, and she helped him to modify an N-1 starfighter.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Notes and references
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 5: The Gunslinger"
- "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm"
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars (2015) 5
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The Mandalorian is set around five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which corresponds to around 9 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The events of Chapters 1 to 6 of The Mandalorian must therefore take place around that year. establishes that
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 9: The Marshal"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 10: The Passenger"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 5: Return of the Mandalorian"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor"