- "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
Mos Eisley (pronounced /mɑs aɪzliː/, moss izelee, ( )) was a large spaceport on the planet Tatooine. It was located on the Great Mesra Plateau, north of Anchorhead and southeast of the Jundland Wastes. The spaceport, while lacking a primary landing facility, contained 362 hangars in which arrivals could berth.
Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina was where Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi met Han Solo and Chewbacca, during their quest to get to Alderaan and deliver the Death Star plans to the Rebel Alliance. Imperial stormtroopers also searched Mos Eisley for R2-D2 and C-3PO, the holders of the missing Death Star plans. The cantina was also home to the infamous confrontation between Han Solo and Greedo, which led to Greedo's untimely death. Ponda Baba and Dr. Cornelius Evazan were present at Mos Eisley, and Obi-Wan Kenobi cut off Ponda Baba's right arm with his lightsaber.
When Boba Fett was hired by Darth Vader to find information on the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, Fett went to the Cantina in search of information, knowing that Han Solo had frequented it. He learned the pilot's name, from a young moisture farmer, was Luke Skywalker, and went in search of him, encountering him in the home of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars 5
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ According to a timeline shown at D23 Expo 2019, The Mandalorian is set five years after Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Return of the Jedi to 4 ABY, meaning that The Mandalorian is set in 9 ABY.
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 5: The Gunslinger"
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters