The Mos Eisley barracks was an outpost that was operated by Foot Patrol 7, a sandtrooper unit in the Galactic Empire. Located in the sandy outskirts of the spaceport Mos Eisley on the desert planet Tatooine, the outpost was used as a means to avoid interaction with the locals. The barracks was also in the vicinity of the nomadic Tusken Raiders and the bantha mammals.
In 0 BBY, Foot Patrol 7 was tasked with locating two droids carrying the technical readouts of the Death Star superweapon that had arrived on Tatooine after escaping from the starship Tantive IV. After being dispatched to the planet, the unit was stationed in the outpost while they awaited orders. The unit spent time idling by until their commander, Wanten, arrived and informed them that they would search Mos Eisley itself for the droids, prompting them to gear up and make their way to the spaceport.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mos Eisley barracks appeared in the 2017 short story "Born in the Storm," written by Daniel José Older as part of From a Certain Point of View, a collection of short stories by various authors.
- "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View (First appearance, simultaneous with From a Certain Point of View audiobook)
- From a Certain Point of View audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ The events of "Born in the Storm," including the appearance of Foot Patrol 7, take place concurrent to the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope