It was where Boonta Eve Classic was held in 32 BBY. Following the decline of podracing popularity, this route was largely abandoned by the Hutts. During the Galactic Civil War, the local swoop gangs used this track for their own racing events. In 8 ABY Han Solo test drove the Novastar swoop to find Kitster Chanchani Banai, who had stolen a piece of Alderaanian moss art.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mos Espa Raceway featured in the Racer Rush video game is much more simplistic than the one displayed in the Phantom Menace movie: it does not include the tunnel segment and it takes only up to 2 minutes to race through its one lap.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (The Skulls promotional scenario)
- Tatooine Ghost
- Racer Rush (First identified as Mos Espa Raceway)
- Rebel Force: Target (Mentioned only) (as Mos Espa Podrace circuit)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as Mos Espa Circuit)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: Mos Espa Race)