- "I'm Cobb Vanth. Lawman and de facto mayor of what used to be Mos Pelgo."
- ―Cobb Vanth and Issa-Or
Mos Pelgo, briefly known as Freetown, was a town located in the northern hemisphere of the planet Tatooine. In 4 ABY, the Mining Collective rounded up the citizens of the town for labor, with one man, Sheriff Cobb Vanth, stealing a camtono of silicax oxalate crystals from them before running into the desert. Vanth eventually encountered a Jawa sandcrawler and traded the crystals for a set of Mandalorian armor. Soon after, the miner and representative of the newly-established organization Red Key Company Adwin Charu arrived to barter with the Jawas. When Charu tried to claim the armor for himself, Vanth shot him before leaving. Returning to Mos Pelgo, he single-handedly liberated the town from the Mining Collective. He became the de-facto mayor and protector of the town.
The city became known as Freetown and was the site of a battle between the Red Key Raiders and Vanth's allies. Later, Vanth defended the people from Tusken Raiders, who attacked their village. By around 9 ABY, the town was once again known as Mos Pelgo. The Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin traveled to Mos Pelgo searching for another Mandalorian. After meeting Vanth, he acquired his armor after helping him slay a krayt dragon that had been killing Mos Pelgo's livestock.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only) (First identified as Freetown, simultaneous with Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook (Mentioned only) (First identified as Freetown, simultaneous with Aftermath: Life Debt)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook)
- Aftermath Empire's End audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 9: The Marshal" (First pictured)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 9: The Marshal"
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Temmin Wexley and Norra Wexley were reunited on Akiva, which took place in the novel Aftermath, thirty years before the Starkiller incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of Aftermath must have taken place in 4 ABY.
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of The Mandalorian must have taken place around 9 ABY. establishes that