- "We've got surveyors looking for ore from the Western Dunes all the way to Mospic."
- ―Statement from the Kralkeen Mining Concern
The Mospic High Range, sometimes referred to simply as Mospic, was an expanse of low, rocky outcroppings on the planet Tatooine. It marked the border between the area of Mos Espa and the Dune Sea, and was home to the planet's tallest mountains.
In 32 BBY, after conducting a trade with Jawas in exchange for droids, Anakin Skywalker traveled with C-3PO by speeder through the Xelric Draw, a shallow, widemouthed canyon that split the Mospic High Range just inside the lip of the Dune Sea.
During the time following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, surveyors of the Kralkeen Mining Concern sought ore from the Western Dune Sea all the way to the Mospic High Range. Competitors of the mining firm contracted a swoop gang to attack their surveyors and steal their claim. The attacks killed or maimed a dozen of their workers. Eager to put a stop to this violence, the mining firm sent a seeker droid to discover the location of the gang's hideout. Upon doing so, the firm sent out a request for a group of mercenaries to wipe out the gang without mercy.
In 8 ABY, Chewbacca and a trio of Squibs, including Emala, Sligh and Grees, took a scenic detour on their way to Mos Espa by sweeping around the back side of the Mospic High Range to avoid a company of Imperial hover-scouts fanning out across the flats south of the city.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mospic High Range was one of many designated planetary regions in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (novel)
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Tatooine Ghost
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 74 (TAT46, Obi'Wan's Home)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia