- "If my duties demand that I die, then so be it, my pet. My domain will prosper. My father will be escalated to the rank of mosthigh priest."
- ―Elan, to Vergere
Mosthigh priest was a high-ranking title within the Yuuzhan Vong priest caste. When the Yuuzhan Vong Priestess Elan was tasked with a mission to assassinate many leading Jedi Knights of the New Jedi Order in 25 ABY, she believed the successful completion of her assignment would result in the escalation of her father, High Priest Jakan, to the rank of mosthigh priest. Following an attempt on Elan's life by a Yuuzhan Vong assassin on the planet Wayland, she assured her familiar Vergere that she accepted she might die in the course of her mission because her father would be promoted and their domain would prosper.
Although Elan failed to assassinate the Jedi before her death during the Battle of Bilbringi, her father went on to greater power and influence. Nonetheless, Jakan retained the title of High Priest throughout the entirety of the Yuuzhan Vong War.
Behind the scenesEdit
The rank of mosthigh priest was first mentioned in the 2000 novel The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial, written by James Luceno.
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First mentioned)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial to 25 ABY.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 135 ("Jakan")
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force