- "This R2 unit has a bad motivator."
- ―Luke Skywalker
A motivator or a motivator unit was a device that was primarily used in droids to convert other forms of energy such as chemical or electrical energy into kinetic or mechanical energy. Without a motivator a droid would not be able to move.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
- Rogue Planet
- Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Frozen Citadel"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 1
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Abduction
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Star Wars 78: Hoth Stuff! (Mentioned only)
- Slave Ship
- Hard Merchandise
- "Droids Defiant"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- "Star Tours: 'The Ultimate Adventure' is Still the Ultimate Ride at Disneyland"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 2
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.