- "I can't see ever using such a Mark."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi regarding the mou kei Mark of Contact.
Mou kei literally meant "to dismember." This was accomplished through the use of a series of circular motions with the lightsaber aimed at the major limbs. The attack was a Sith favorite, as it completely destroyed the opponent, both figuratively and literally. Using this move with the goal of dismembering an opponent could have been viewed as little more than all-out butchery. Although Obi-Wan Kenobi had no other choice against Darth Vader, its usage by Jedi was forbidden given the many alternative Marks of Contact.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video game
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First identified as Mou kei)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Mou Kei) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Mou Kei Jung Ma)
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force