Mudhorns were large, horned, non-sentient creatures whose main habitat was the desert. Mudhorns had grey skin, brown wool, brown eyes, a horn, and spikes along their backs. Small hairless mudhorns only had grey skin and a horn.
The mudhorn was an extremely territorial creature by nature and it was considered hard to domesticate them; only expert handlers were able to do it. By 3626 BBY, mudhorns had been domesticated and used as riding animals and pet companions.
Behind the scenes
Mudhorns first appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity as a purchasable mount in the Onslaught expansion of BioWare's 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Star Wars: The Old Republic, specifically Update 6.1.4 released in 2020. The mudhorn was originally introduced in the new canon continuity in the second episode of the first season of the television series The Mandalorian, "Chapter 2: The Child," which aired on November 15, 2019.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught—Item: "Desert Mudhorn Mount"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught—Item: "Hairless Mudhorn"
- According to 3626 BBY, and the next Game Update occurs within a couple of weeks. Therefore, the events of Game Update 6.1: Task at Hand takes place at the beginning of 3626 BBY. , Game Update 6.1 takes place at the very beginning of
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 2: The Child"
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One Companion"—Star Wars Insider 201