Biology and appearance
Mudhorns appeared to have a large keratinous horn, flat teeth, and long, woolly fur. It was oviparous, laying a single egg per clutch. The exterior of this egg was woolly in the same manner as the skin of the mudhorn, and the interior yolk was yellow.
Around 9 ABY, a mudhorn encountered and fought Din Djarin, a Mandalorian bounty hunter, as the latter attempted to retrieve an egg from the mudhorn's cave. It was ultimately killed with the help of a Force-sensitive child. The mudhorn later became the signet of the new Mandalorian clan that was founded with Djarin and the child.
Behind the scenes
The Mudhorn first appeared in Chapter 2 of Jon Favreau's 2019 Disney+ television series The Mandalorian, directed by Dave Filoni, which aired on November 15, 2019. It bears a heavy resemblance to the Elasmotherium, an extinct genus of rhinoceros that lived during the late Pleistocene.[source?]
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 2: The Child" (First appearance)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin" (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 7: The Reckoning" (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption" (as signet)
- (First pictured)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast" (as signet)