- "Rapier Four. Standing by."
"You see, you should all follow Muran's example, there. You hear how nicely Rapier Four reported in, without editorializing or anything?"
- ―Muran and Poe Dameron
Muran was a male New Republic T-85 X-wing pilot who was a member of Commander Poe Dameron's Rapier Squadron during the later stages of the cold war. He was killed during an engagement with First Order forces near Suraz 4.
Muran was a New Republic T-85 X-wing pilot who flew under the callsign "Rapier Four". About twenty-nine years after the Battle of Endor, Poe Dameron, Rapier Leader, received a distress signal from the Yissira Zyde in the Mirrin sector. Muran and the rest of Rapier Squadron jumped to lightspeed and found forces of the First Order boarding the distressed freighter. Rapier Squadron engaged the hijackers, but the First Order successfully commandeered the ship and entered hyperspace. Muran was caught in the ship's wake, and his X-wing starfighter was destroyed before he could eject. Dameron felt Muran's death was avoidable, and blamed the First Order for it.
Personality and traitsEdit
Muran was a competent starfighter pilot. Poe Dameron complimented him for not complaining about their routine flights, unlike his fellow pilots Iolo Arana and Karé Kun. Despite his piloting skills, Muran was unable to avoid his death when a hyperspace wave generated by the hijacked freighter Yissira Zyde crashed into his X-wing.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Age of Resistance - Poe Dameron 1
- "Kidnapped!"—Star Wars Adventures 24 (First pictured)
- Before the Awakening (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ According to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, Poe Dameron joined the Resistance three years prior to the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which were dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Since Muran died in Before the Awakening shortly before Poe joined the Resistance, he died around 31 ABY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Before the Awakening
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Age of Resistance - Poe Dameron 1