Murttoc Yine was a male Human information broker and spy who worked at crime lord Jabba the Hutt's palace on the planet Tatooine by 4 ABY. Having many nefarious contacts in the criminal underworld, Yine was the contact point for many seeking Jabba's employment. In 4 ABY, Yine was in Jabba's palace when the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 arrived in order to bargain for the life of Jabba's prisoner Han Solo.
The Human male Murttoc Yine worked as an information broker and a spy during the Galactic Civil War. By the year 4 ABY, he worked at the crime lord Jabba the Hutt's palace on the planet Tatooine. Yine had many nefarious contacts in the criminal underworld, and was the contact point for many individuals seeking employment with Jabba. In 4 ABY, Yine was among Jabba's entourage present in the palace when the droids C-3PO and R2-D2, belonging to the Jedi Luke Skywalker, arrived in order to bargain for the life of Han Solo, a friend of Skywalker's who was held prisoner in the palace.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Murttoc Yine first appeared as an uncredited extra in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, during the Max Rebo Band's performance of "Lapti Nek." The scene featuring him was cut from the film's Special Edition release in 1997; however, an alternate scene during the Max Rebo Band's performance of "Jedi Rocks" was inserted where he was visible. Yine would be first identified by name in a card for the Star Wars Customizable Card Game's "Jabba's Palace Limited" set, released in 1998. According to a Star Wars CCG fan site, Murttoc Yine was named as an anagram of Decipher employee Tim Courtney.
- "Lapti Nek": The Music Video from Jabba's Palace—Star Wars Trilogy: The Definitive Collection
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Murttoc Yine) (First identified as Murttoc Yine)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Murttoc Yine)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 130 ("Jabba the Hutt (Jabba Desilijic Tiure)")
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Anagramed Decipherians. Corellian Engineering Corporation. ReoCities (2005-08-15). Archived from the original on April 6, 2016. Retrieved on April 26, 2017.