- "Hello and welcome to the Bestine Museum. I hope you enjoy your visit."
- ―Lilas Dinhint
The Museum of Tatooine, also known as the Bestine Museum, was a museum located in the city of Bestine on the planet Tatooine. It prided itself on displaying a full krayt dragon skull, its vast and varied collection of paintings, as well as sculptures of multi-colored glass made from Tatooine's sand. It was advertised in the Tatooine Visitors Bureau brochure.
History[edit | edit source]
Paintings[edit | edit source]
During Lilas' time as Museum Curator, the following fifteen paintings were showcased.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This museum and the curator Lilas Dinhint are part of a quest featured in Star Wars Galaxies. In the game, players speak to Lilas, who instructs the player's to visit artists across Tatooine. The players can then decide which artist they like best, and vote on the painting they would like to see showcased in the museum. Voting is held every 28 days, and the winning painting is sold by Lilas as a schematic. This schematic can then be used by the Trader profession, for making the actual painting. In the game, players do not need to vote to purchase the painting.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (Non-canonical mention)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Planet Tatooine
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia