- "They rebel to become the navy we've prayed for. They have come to save us. But first, we must save them."
- ―Gial Ackbar, to Rebel Alliance forces
The mutiny on Mon Cala occurred when the Mon Calamari rebelled against the Galactic Empire after the Alliance to Restore the Republic sent Leia Organa and her team to the water planet Mon Cala to recruit the Mon Cala Mercantile Fleet to their cause. King Lee-Char and Regent Urtya were killed during this battle.
Sometime after the Battle of Yavin, Han Solo, Leia Organa, Gial Ackbar, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, Chewbacca and R2-D2, traveled to an atoll on Mon Cala to discuss the mutiny with Regent Urtya. They were interrupted by a squad of stormtroopers in a LAAT/le gunship that destroyed Urtya's ship. Solo killed many of them with a thermal detonator, but the surviving troops chased the rebels into the jungle. The rebels fled to a nearby boat piloted by Chewbacca. While being attacked by water creatures, Urtya declines invloving the Mon Cala Mercantile Fleet in the war out of fear to what the empire will do to the people of Mon Cala. After leaving, they return to the Mako-Ta Space Docks to report to Mon Mothma and Jan Dodonna. Leia proposes that they free king Lee-Char from prison and Alliance High Command approves, though after some convincing. They travel to Meor Ain and break out Tunga Arpagion, a changling.
Causing an uprisingEdit
Kidnapping Moff HubiEdit
Arriving at the Moncaladrome on Mon Cala, the rebels have Luke disguised as a stormtrooper, C-3P0 and R2-D2 infiltrate the place as as caterers, and Han as a refresher. R2-D2 gives the moff an accelerator, his favorite drink, which causes him to go to the bathroom. There, Han and Chewbacca kidnap him and switch him out with Tunga Arpagion changing into him. Leia and her group take Hubi to Strokill Prime and use the codes given to them by Trios and Hubi's biosignature to get past the defenses, only to be attacked by a giant fish. They escape the fish and infiltrate the prison. Thet find Lee-Char, but barely alive attached to a machine keeping him alive. The moff secretly reveals himself on the prison and they realize Tunga is imposing as him. The stormtroopers on the Moncaladome open fire onto the moff but they are aided by a "power outage" caused by a staff member. They disguise themselves and escape the stormtroopers and flee into the ocean. At the prison, stormtroopers burst into the room and open fire, killing Lee-Char and moff Hubi in the cross fire. They fight their way off of the prison and flee back to Mon Cala, where they meet 3PO, R2, and Tunga.
The uprising of Mon CalamariEdit
Urtya surrounds Leia, Han, Luke, Chewbacca, Tunga, and the droids with his guards. They give him the footage of Lee-Char's last moments, where he takes the recording and plays it to the whole fleet. The Mon Calamari uprise against their imperials and join the Falcon in attempting to escape, but five Imperial II-class Star Destroyers rush into the system. The Star Destroyers deploy several TIE bombers to destroy the fleet, but Ackbar arrives with squadrons of X-wings and Y-wings as backup. One of the ships, the MC80A star cruiser, Aurora Flare, rams to a star destroyer and blows up, destroying a star destroyer and causing enough chaos to allow the fleet to escape. However, the Imperial fleet takes position and begins orbital bombardment, killing Urtya.
- Star Wars 44 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 45
- Star Wars 46
- Star Wars 47
- Star Wars 48
- Star Wars 49 (First identified as mutiny on Mon Cala)
- Star Wars 50 (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Star Wars 53 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 62 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars 43
- ↑ Star Wars 50
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Star Wars 44
- ↑ This event occurs between the Battle of Yavin, which takes place in 0 BBY as stated by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, and the assault on the Mako-Ta Space Docks, which Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition places one year after the Battle of Yavin, which, as already stated, takes place in 0 BBY, and therefore that assault takes place in 1 ABY. As such, this event occurs between 0 ABY and 1 ABY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars 46
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 Star Wars 49
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Star Wars 48
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Star Wars 45
- ↑ Star Wars 47