- "They rebel to become the navy we've prayed for. They have come to save us. But first, we must save them."
- ―Gial Ackbar, to Rebel Alliance forces
The mutiny on Mon Cala occurred when the Mon Calamari rebelled against the Galactic Empire after the Alliance to Restore the Republic sent Leia Organa and her team to the water planet Mon Cala to recruit the Mon Cala Mercantile Fleet to their cause. King Lee-Char and Regent Urtya were killed during this battle.
Sometime after the Battle of Yavin, Han Solo, Leia Organa, Gial Ackbar, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, Chewbacca and R2-D2, traveled to an atoll on Mon Cala to discuss the mutiny with Regent Urtya. They were interrupted by a squad of stormtroopers in a LAAT/le gunship that destroyed Urtya's ship. Solo killed many of them with a thermal detonator, but the surviving troops chased the rebels into the jungle. The rebels fled to a nearby boat piloted by Chewbacca.
- Star Wars 44: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part I (First appearance)
- Star Wars 45: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part II
- Star Wars 46: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part III
- Star Wars 47: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part IV
- Star Wars 48: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part V
- Star Wars 49: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part VI (First identified as mutiny on Mon Cala)
- Star Wars 50: Hope Dies, Part I (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Star Wars 53: Hope Dies, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 62: The Scourging of Shu-Torun, Part I (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars 43: The Ashes of Jedha, Part VI
- ↑ Star Wars 50: Hope Dies, Part I
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Star Wars 44: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part I
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars 46: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part III
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 Star Wars 49: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part VI
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Star Wars 48: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part V
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars 45: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part II