- "You are a Mandalorian. Your ancestors rode the great mythosaur."
- ―Kuiil scolds the Mandalorian
Mythosaurs were a type of creature that was once ridden by members of Mandalorian society. In around 9 ABY, the Ugnaught Kuiil was training the Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin to ride blurrgs on the planet Arvala-7 and scolded him when he tried to give up, reminding him of the fact that his ancestors rode mythosaurs and that blurrgs were easier to ride. Its skull was one of the traditional symbols of Mandalorian iconography, and some Mandalorian armor bore the distinctive symbol.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mythosaurs were first mentioned in the current Star Wars canon in Chapter 1 of The Mandalorian, a television show that began airing in 2019. The species originates in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where they were created for the 1982 comic book Star Wars 69: Death in the City of Bone, which was written by David Michelinie.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation" (as cape sigil)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence" (as armor sigil)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason" (as armor sigil)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (as armor sigil)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (Special Edition) (as armor sigil)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance) (as armor sigil)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (as armor sigil)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1" (Mentioned only) (First identified as mythosaur)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3" (as armor sigil)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8" (as necklace)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (on banner)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (as armor sigil)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (as sigil) (Picture only)
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Ultimate Sticker Collection (as sigil)