Characteristics[edit | edit source]
N'zoth was an arid planet with standard gravity and an atmosphere breathable by most sentient creatures. The brutal, xenophobic Yevetha were the planet's only sentient species, although other native species such as the siringana were equally merciless and brutal. Giat Nor was the capital city of both N'zoth and later the Duskhan League. The planet was the headquarters of Nazfar Metalworks.
History[edit | edit source]
During the reign of the Galactic Republic and the events of the Clone Wars, N'zoth was situated perpetually in Republic space. Following the deaths of the Separatist Council at Mustafar and the surrender of the CIS, N'zoth automatically fell under the Galactic Empire's control.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, N'zoth was the site of Black Fifteen, an Imperial orbital shipyard, and its subsequent overtaking by Yevethan insurgents, most of whom had worked the shipyard prior to the revolt.
After a series of genocidal and xenocidal expansions, and a bout of political maneuverings, the Yevetha and the New Republic clashed violently. The Battle of N'zoth was the climax of this Black Fleet Crisis.
Later, the Yuuzhan Vong launched an attack against N'zoth after learning from the Fia of Galantos that the Yevetha might pose a threat to their rear. The Yuuzhan Vong ravaged N'zoth and devastated Yevethan civilization by hunting them down throughout the Koornacht Cluster, turning them into an endangered species.
Within the book The Last Days of Arhul Hextrophon, Master Historian Arhul Hextrophon uncovered evidence suggesting that the planet N'Zoth's name had etymological connections with the mythical world Zoth. Transliterating N'zoth as New Zoth, Hextrophon was concerned by the implications of a connection between N'zoth and the legendary homeworld of the demon Pomojema.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
N'zoth is misspelled as N'Zoth in the Star Wars: Legacy of the Force novel Legacy of the Force: Revelation. However, on a handful of occasions, The Essential Atlas spells the name in this manner also.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Before the Storm (First mentioned)
- Shield of Lies (First appearance)
- Tyrant's Test
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
- Cult Encounters of the Star Wars Universe (Canceled novella)
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA1, PLA5, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook