- "What if he has something to say?"
"Actions speak louder than words."
- ―Leia Organa and Tala Durith, on NED-B
NED-B was a masculine loader droid that operated on the planet Mapuzo during the Imperial Era. The droid worked with Tala Durith in an underground movement that helped smuggle surviving Jedi to safety, and he kept watch over a safehouse hidden within the droid maintenance building of a mining village. NED-B aided the fugitives Obi-Wan Kenobi and Leia Organa in 9 BBY, helping Tala save Kenobi from the Sith Lord Darth Vader.
NED-B was not capable of vocalizing but was still a capable droid. When stormtroopers searched the safehouse, NED-B discreetly grabbed a hammer, preparing to fight if necessary. Although a stormtrooper interrogated him, the troopers soon left.
He escaped with The Path to Jabiim where he later sacrificed himself in battle with stormtroopers to buy time for the other members of the Path to escape. His final act was to shield Tala from the oncoming stormtroopers before dying in her arms.
Behind the scenes
NED-B was first pictured in the teaser trailer for the Obi-Wan Kenobi television series, which was released on March 9, 2022. He first appeared in the third episode of the series, which aired on June 1, 2022.
- (First pictured)
Notes and references
- "Part I" states that the events of the Obi-Wan Kenobi television series take place ten years after Order 66, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of "Part IV" of Obi-Wan Kenobi, including NED-B's destruction on Jabiim, must be set in 9 BBY.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part III"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part V"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part IV"