The NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer, also known as the NR-N99 Persuader-class tank droid, or as the NR-N99 Tank Droid, was a model of droid tank manufactured by the Techno Union. They were primarily utilized by the Corporate Alliance, and were used in the Droid Army of the Separatist during the Clone Wars.
The NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer of the Confederacy of Independent Systems was a droid tank manufactured by Techno Union and mainly utilized by Corporate Alliance, and it was this group that largely funded the unit's manufacture. The Corporate Alliance were impressed by the tank's armament which included ion cannons, heavy repeating blasters, and concussion missile launchers, and the droid units would use these weapons in relentless onslaughts. The movement of the tank came from a high-traction huge central thread, and it was augmented on either of its sides by forward-mounted outrigger wheels on a pontoon thread, which gave additional stability. Infantry soldiers were also able to ride on top of these. The NR-N99 Persuader-class tank droid was also fast, and showed its speed by being able to move up to 60 kilometers, which came to be 37.3 miles, per hour, but this droid tank lacked the agility and speed of walking droid tanks. However, the unit made up for this in its firepower and reliability.
The NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer which could also be referred to as the NR-N99 Persuader-class tank droid, or the NR-N99 Tank Droid, was well-armored, possessed heat exchange panels, communications antennae, and the unit had armor-shielded photoreceptors. It was designed to be be able to function with its computer brain, but the vehicle could also be controlled by a pilot droid. In addition to the droid having significant firepower, the droid was able to function through a variety of terrain, and the droid was also able to move on top of water. The proved to be able to plow through battlefields on heavy duty tracks, and the unit could ram barricades.
Behind the scenesEdit
Nicknamed the snail droid, the NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer was originally planned to appear in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones during the Battle of Geonosis, and animatics of the film were made of the tanks running over clone troopers. The NR-N99 would later return for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, but at one point a different design was considered during the production of the film before the older design was chosen for its final appearance. For the sequences that featured the NR-N99 in Episode III, OOM pilot battle droids were put inside the tanks, suggesting that it was not an entirely automated vehicle. This was confirmed to be the case in Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition because the book stated the tank could be controlled by a computer brain or a pilot droid.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (cut)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Kanan 10: First Blood, Part IV: The Mesas of Mygeeto
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Chewbacca - Wookiee Warrior" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The Misadventures of Triple-Zero and Beetee"—Darth Vader 20: End of Games, Part I
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer and as NR-N99 Persuader-class tank droid)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Expert Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Droidography
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Droidography
- ↑ 7.0 7.1