- "Be careful when purchasing an NR-5. A small company called "Tredwall" is marketing an NR knockoff that works for about ten hours before completely frying all of its circuits!"
- ―Kraemr, on Cynabar's Droid Datalog
The NR knockoff was a cheap, faulty imitation of Kalibac Industries' fifth degree NR-5 Series Repair Droid produced and marketed by "Tredwall," a small company of outlaw techs in the Corporate Sector, in the year 2 BBY. It worked for nearly ten hours before completely frying all of its circuits. An individual known as Kraemr warned potential NR-5 buyers about Tredwall's NR knockoff on Cynabar's Droid Datalog.
Behind the scenesEdit
The NR knockoff was first mentioned in Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids, a Star Wars Legends supplement written by Drew Campbell and Eric S. Trautmann for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and released on April 1, 1997.
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kalibac Industries") (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Arms & Equipment Guide classifies the NR-5 series repair droid as a fifth-degree repair droid. As the NR knockoff is an imitation of the NR-5, it can be assumed that it is also a fifth-degree repair droid.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, to 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. According to , the Great ReSynchronization was instituted 13 years prior to the article's publication on 13:2:28. Using this information and the Battle of Yavin's GRS date allow us to determine that the Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY and date the afformentioned article to 22 BBY. Thus, there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
Based on the provided information, 33:4:3:08 occurred in the year 2 BBY. According to The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, the NR-5 Series Repair Droid was produced by Kalibac Industries during the Galactic Civil War, whose beginning is dated to 2 BBY by The Essential Atlas. In addition, according to Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids, Tredwall marketed NR knockoffs in 33:4:3:08 (2 BBY), when genuine NR-5s were available for purchase. As a result, it can be assumed that the NR knockoff was introduced in 2 BBY.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 195 ("Kalibac Industries")