- "My Master was a great Sith Lord. He was particularly adept in the arts of lightsaber combat—a skill he passed on to me."
- ―Kas'im, regarding Na'daz
Na'daz was a male Twi'lek Sith Lord who lived near the end of the New Sith Wars who was exceptionally skilled in the art of lightsaber combat. While on a visit to Nal Hutta, Na'daz found the young Force-sensitive Twi'lek slave Kas'im and bought him. Na'daz brought the young boy to the Outer Rim planet of Ryloth and trained him as his apprentice. In 1010 BBY, Na'daz was challenged by his apprentice in a lightsaber duel and slain. Kas'im later gave Na'daz's lightsaber to his pupil, Bane.
- "As a young child I would watch for hours as my Master performed his drills. My earliest memories are of dancing ruby lights moving through the sequences of battle."
Na'daz was a male Twi'lek Sith Lord who lived during the final years of the New Sith Wars. He was a skilled combatant with a curved-hilt lightsaber. Later during his life, Na'daz traveled to the Mid Rim world Nal Hutta and discovered a young, Force-sensitive Twi'lek slave named Kas'im. Na'daz bought the boy and took him to the Outer Rim planet Ryloth, where he trained him as his Sith apprentice.
By 1010 BBY, Kas'im had become stronger in the Force and more skilled in lightsaber combat than his Master, and he challenged Na'daz in a duel. Na'daz was defeated and killed by his pupil, who took Na'daz's lightsaber as a trophy. Kas'im eventually became one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of his time and trained many young Sith at the Sith Academy on Korriban. Kas'im later gave Na'daz's lightsaber to his student, Bane, who eventually became a Dark Lord of the Sith after defeating his rival apprentice, Sirak.
Powers and abilities
- "I had learned all I could from Master Na'daz. As strong as he was in the dark side, I was stronger. As skilled as he was with the lightsaber, I became better."
"But why kill him?"
"A test. To see if I was as strong as I believed."
- ―Kas'im and Bane
Na'daz was considered to be a great Sith Lord by his apprentice, Kas'im, and was a skilled lightsaber duelist—a trait he passed on to his apprentice. Na'daz used a curved-hilt, red-bladed lightsaber in combat, which his apprentice took after killing Na'daz. Na'daz also taught Kas'im how to use a double-bladed lightsaber.
Behind the scenes
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (First mentioned)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction audiobook (Mentioned only)