- "The Mid Rim too, Trandosha and Naboo, and Bothawui, Naator, Phorsa Gedd […] All these, young Luke, await the last attack."
- ―Obi Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
Naator was a planet in the Mid Rim Territories with icy mountains. The world contributed to the Galactic Empire's war effort during the Galactic Civil War. The Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry targeted Naator as part of its campaign, defeating the Empire's assets there. At another point, a rebel commando team spotted a crashed GX1 short hauler in Naator's mountains, with records suggesting it could have been a starship called the Intrepid Heart.
- "To that end, we must take an indirect path to Kuat and strike these designated targets. No sieges, no prolonged attacks—these are surgical strikes against logistical hubs. We destroy these, and the Empire must react by reassigning ships and officers—either to repair damage or to compensate by bolstering efficiency elsewhere."
- ―Everi Chalis, on attacking Naator and other targets of 61st Mobile Infantry
During the Galactic Civil War, Naator produced resources for the Galactic Empire's war effort. In 3 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry targeted Naator as part of its Operation Ringbreaker campaign against targets situated near the Rimma Trade Route. The 61st fought and defeated the Empire's forces at the world before moving on. Meanwhile, Operation Ringbreaker was vetted by the Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service, and General Crix Madine listed Naator among the targets in a report on the campaign's first phase. The report was later acquired by archivist Hendri Underholt and included among a compilation of non-electronic documents called The Rebel Files.
At some point, an Alliance commando team spotted a crashed Galactic Republic GX1 short hauler high in the mountains of Naator. Records suggested that the vessel could have been the Intrepid Heart, the lost personal ship of a Jedi Master who had been on a mission to recover Sith artifacts. In 4 ABY, the Force ghost of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi spoke to the aspiring Jedi Luke Skywalker during a visit to the swamp planet Dagobah. Kenobi urged Skywalker that the fate of Naator and many other planets depended on a final confrontation between Skywalker and the Sith Lord Darth Vader.
Behind the scenes
- The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem
- Starships and Speeders
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas