Nabrun Leids was a male Morseerian smuggler and pilot-for-hire who flew the Scarlet Vertha, a Ghtroc Industries 720 light freighter. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, was a patron of Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on the planet Tatooine. He was standing at the cantina's bar when Luke Skywalker entered with C-3PO and R2-D2, a pair of droids, turning around when the bartender Wuher informed them of the establishment's no droid policy.
Leids had brown skin and a pair of large, black eyes, and, because his species evolved to breathe methane, not oxygen, he wore a breath mask and carried his own supply of the gas while on Tatooine.
Many years later, Leids was present on Oba Diah, where he told Karr Nuq Sin about Skywalker and Kenobi's appearance at the cantina, though Leids did not remember what planet it had occurred on, just that it had two suns.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- "A Bad Feeling About This"—Star Wars: A New Hope: 6 stories in 1
- "A Bad Feeling About This"—The Original Trilogy Stories
- Force Collector
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Nabrun Leids)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Force Collection
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- (Picture only)