- "'Executive shuttles' for senior officers and special envoys of the Ruling Council. Stored and resupplied in Najan-Rovi but built by the Corellian Engineering Corporation."
- ―Everi Chalis, in a briefing to the leaders of the 61st Mobile Infantry
Najan-Rovi was a gas giant located around the Rimma Trade Route. Dockyards there housed starships for high-ranking figures within the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. In 3 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry attacked the dockyards, deploying strike teams. The 61st left Najan-Rovi with almost a hundred burning vessels. Former Imperial governor Everi Chalis believed the attack would draw security from the Kuat Drive Yards and force the Corellian Engineering Corporation to increase ship production.
- "Once they're destroyed, Corellia will need to increase its production; the officers must have their toys."
- ―Chalis discusses the motive of attacking the Najan-Rovi's dockyards
During the Galactic Civil War, Najan-Rovi contributed resources for the Galactic Empire's war effort. Its dockyards serviced light freighters, luxury transports, and executive shuttles built by the Corellian Engineering Corporation and used by senior Imperial officers and special envoys of the Empire's ruling council. In 3 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry targeted Najan-Rovi as part of its Operation Ringbreaker campaign. Attacking the dockyards, the 61st's CR90 corvette Thunderstrike delivered a payload of strike teams.
The dockyards, only defended by Imperial Navy Troopers and a complement of TIE fighters, fell in less than a day, and the 61st left it with almost a hundred burning vessels. Everi Chalis, a former Imperial governor working with the rebel company, believed the attack would force the Corellian Engineering Corporation to increase ship production to replace the lost starships as well as coaxing a transfer in security from the Kuat Drive Yards, the ultimate target of Operation Ringbreaker. Meanwhile, the Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service examined Operation Ringbreaker, with General Crix Madine listing Najan-Rovi in a report on the campaign's first phase. The report later came under the possession of archivist Hendri Underholt, who included it in a compilation of non-electronic documents titled The Rebel Files.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook