- "Sloppy work, Nakano Lash. If that sentry escapes to warn—"
"Our services don't include listening to whining, Khamus, no matter who your father is."
- ―Khamus and Nakano Lash
Nakano Lash was a Nautolan female bounty hunter active during the time of the Galactic Empire. She became the mentor of bounty hunter and former Imperial Beilert Valance after saving him from Imperial stormtroopers. Sometime after, Lash and a team of bounty hunters were hired by Khamus, heir to the Mourner's Wail Syndicate, for a mission on the planet Corellia. Lash was unaware of the mission's true objective until it was too late, and killed Khamus after he eliminated his target, betraying the other hunters. She went into hiding after the failed mission, but resurfaced years later, becoming a target of the bounty hunters she had betrayed.
- "Lash, what are you doing?"
"Brave, I'll give him that…but he'll get himself killed when the reinforcements get here."
- ―Jhorstek and Nakano Lash, as the latter comes to aid Valance
As a child, Lash faced a difficult situation, but nobody came to her rescue. At some point, her parents died, and were commemorated with a grave on the planet Galmerah. Lash eventually became a bounty hunter, operating during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Sometime after 10 BBY, Lash was present at a cantina in Phelar Port on the planet Eriadu, alongside the twin bounty hunters T'ongor and T'onga and the black market tech dealer Jhorstek, who Lash had invited to the cantina for business. While the group conversed, a young thief was caught attempting to escape Imperial stormtroopers, and pleaded for help.
While Lash felt sympathetic towards the boy's situation due to similar events in her own past, Jhorstek and the other hunters were hesitant to get involved. However, before Lash could intervene, the stormtroopers were attacked by the cyborg Beilert Valance, a former Imperial soldier who received severe injuries fighting for the Empire. While Valance managed to overpower the stormtroopers, he was met by a number of reinforcements, who shot him down. Against the will of her companions, Lash went to assist Valance, killing the remaining stormtroopers. Lash rescued the fallen Valance, and had Jhorstek fix his damaged cybernetics. Following the incident on Eriadu, Lash mentored Valance, who became a bounty hunter himself.
Betraying a clientEdit
- Lash: "I won't let you get away with that!"
- Khamus: "No! Don't—"
- T'ongor: "Nakano…what did you do?"
- ―Nakano Lash kills Khamus[src]
Sometime prior to 3 ABY, Nakano Lash was hired by Khamus, heir of the Mourner's Wail Syndicate, to attack a sanctuary of the Unbroken Clan in Coronet City on the planet Corellia. Lash assembled a team of bounty hunters, consisting of Valance, Bossk, Boba Fett, and T'ongor, entering the Unbroken Clan sanctuary accompanied by Khamus.
After Bossk, Fett, and Valance dealt with the Unbroken Clan guards, Lash breached the door to the compound, allowing Khamus to eliminate his target. Upon realizing who Khamus intended to kill, Lash protested, but the hunters' client shot his target dead. Lash shot Khamus, killing the only heir to the Mourner's Wail Syndicate, and T'ongor reported Lash's apparent betrayal to the other hunters. With their client deceased, the other hunters abandoned the mission, and Lash herself disappeared into hiding sometime afterward. T'ongor was eventually killed, with T'onga attributing his death to Lash.
Several years later, Lash supposedly resurfaced, having been sighted near the planet Kessel, and a large bounty was placed on her. Word of Lash's location spread throughout the galaxy, and a number of bounty hunters intended to hunt Lash down, including those involved in the mission on Corellia, who sought Lash out of revenge. According to spies of the Mourner's Wail Syndicate, Lash used a transmitter to contact the Unbroken Clan following her reappearance. Information given to Bossk by the rogue archaeologist Doctor Chelli Aphra claimed that Lash had visited her parents' grave on Galmerah, which contained a hidden set of map coordinates.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "…Why…why…did you…save…me?"
"Because I was once that kid…and no one was there to save me."
- ―Beilert Valance and Nakano Lash
A Nautolan female, Lash had blue skin and black eyes, and had a tattoo on her left arm. When witnessing a young boy plead for help in escaping Imperial stormtroopers, Lash was sympathetic towards the thief, unlike her fellow bounty hunters, who did not want to become involved, not wishing to make trouble. Lash saw herself in the thief and his situation, and chose to rescue Beilert Valance when he attempted to defend the boy.
During the mission on Corellia, Lash was unfazed by the complaints made by Khamus about her team, or his threats of punishment in the event of failure. Lash refused to let Khamus get away with killing his target in the Unbroken Clan sanctuary, and jeopardized their mission, and the lives of the other hunters, to kill him.
- "Good job, T'ongor…I'll take it from here."
- ―Nakano Lash uses her blaster to take out a guard
Lash wore a partial mask on the upper half of her face, covering her left eye. She carried a large blaster rifle equipped with a scope and a bayonet. She wore tan-colored clothing underneath white armor, over which she wore a red cape.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Bounty Hunters 1 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Bounty Hunters 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Bounty Hunters 3
- Bounty Hunters 4
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Bounty Hunters 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Bounty Hunters 2
- ↑ Bounty Hunters 2 establishes that Nakano Lash mentored Beilert Valance following the end of his service to the Galactic Empire. Target Vader 5 shows that was discharged from the Empire after receiving severe injuries during the Mimban campaign, which Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates to nine years after the formation of the Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Empire's formation to 19 BBY, meaning that the Mimban campaign and Valance's discharge from the Empire take place in 10 BBY, and Lash's mentoring of Valance must have occurred sometime afterward.
- ↑ The events of Bounty Hunters 1 take place shortly after the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, dated to 3 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the events of Bounty Hunters 1 must take place around that year, and the flashback including Nakano Lash must be set sometime prior.