- "Nothing's free on Nal Hutta."
- ―An Ithorian bartender to Anakin Skywalker
Nal Hutta was a hot, swampy planet located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Hutt species. The planet was a haven for the criminal elements of the galaxy, located far from galactic authorities. Its terrain was covered with numerous bogs, and its climate often consisted of greasy rains.
- "On this slime pool, everybody's an outlaw."
- ―Cad Bane, on Nal Hutta
Nal Hutta was a ringed planet nestled in the depths of Hutt Space in the Outer Rim Territories. It was a mist-covered swamp world with a hot and fetid climate maintained by thick swampy rain that fell almost perpetually. This environment was fairly representative of the sentient Hutt species that inhabited the world. The planet's surface was covered with numerous bogs with what little solid land there was claimed by the Hutts and used to support their homes.
The Hutts built only a handful of spaceports on the surface of Nal Hutta in order to connect their towns, settlements, and palaces, as the planet received few visitors due to most business with offworlders being conducted on the planet's largest moon, Nar Shaddaa. The foremost of these spaceports was the planet's capital city, Bilbousa, a sprawling mess covered in arching roots that spread out from looming bulbous pods. Within sight of the city was the Palace of Gardulla Besadii the Elder, one of the largest buildings on Nal Hutta, which served as the occasional headquarters of the Grand Hutt Council, the ruling body of the Hutt Clan that controlled the planet. Under the Hutt's control, the planet shared a reputation with Nar Shaddaa for being polluted and dangerous, but played a leading role in the galaxy's shadow economy.
After freeing Ziro the Hutt from prison on Coruscant, the bounty hunter Cad Bane brought the fugitive Hutt to the Grand Hutt Council on Nal Hutta. Ziro refused to divulge the location of his secret holodiary and was imprisoned by the Hutt Council. However, Ziro managed to escape with the help of the singer Sy Snootles. The Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos traveled to Nal Hutta to apprehend Ziro. However, Ziro and Snootles escaped offworld with the help of Ziro's Mama.
While on an undercover mission to save Supreme Chancellor Palpatine from Separatist assassins, Kenobi, who was disguised as the bounty hunter Rako Hardeen, and the fugitives Bane and Moralo Eval crashlanded on the swamps of Nal Hutta. The trio traveled to Bilbousa Bazaar where they obtained a starship to travel offworld. Despite being pursued by the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Padawan Ahsoka Tano, "Hardeen" and the bounty hunters managed to escape offworld to Orondia.
During the later stage of the Clone Wars, the former Sith apprentice Darth Maul, Savage Opress, and the Shadow Collective visited Nal Hutta and attempted to force the Hutt Council to join their Shadow Collective. The Hutts rejected their demands and a gun battle broke out between the Shadow Collective and various bounty hunters hired by the Hutts. The Hutt Council escaped but Maul's party managed to capture Oruba, who revealed that Jabba Desilijic Tiure was on Tatooine. After killing Oruba, the Shadow Collective departed for Tatooine.
New Republic eraEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- "George Lucas had some very specific ideas about Nal Hutta. He gave us some really rough sketches. There was to be this very swampy, these big pustual orbs sticking up where they would build their palaces."
- ―Dave Filoni
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- "Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars 12 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 2 (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 81
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ Bloodline
- ↑ Hutts and the Underworld