- "She is saying "Welcome"!"
- ―C-3PO translates Ghima's greeting to Rey
Festival of the AncestorsEdit
- Ghima: "«My name is Nambi Ghima.»"
- C-3PO: "Her name is Nambi Ghima."
- Rey: "That's an excellent name. I'm Rey."
- Ghima: "«I would be honoured to your family name too.»"
- C-3PO: "She would be honoured to your family name too."
- Rey: "I don't have one. I'm just Rey."
- ―Ghima asks for Rey's family name[src]
In the year 35 ABY, Ghima was on the desert planet Pasaana during the Festival of the Ancestors held that year. Resistance members Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Chewbacca, C-3PO and BB-8 arrived on Pasaana to find Ochi of Bestoon and his blade, Ghima approached Rey and introduced herself to her in her native language with C-3PO translating for her. Ghima then gave Rey a husk necklace and asked her what her name was. Rey then introduced herself as 'Rey'. Ghima asked the aspiring Jedi what her surname was but she replied that she did not have one. Rey was then later in a force bond with Kylo Ren, who snatched the necklace Ghima had given her and used it to locate her Resistance allies on Pasaana.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker must occur in 35 ABY.