- "Domination of the galactic underworld begins now, with a massive strike on Nantoon."
- ―Bala-Tik, in the Smuggler's Guide
Nantoon was a world in the Colonies region of the galaxy where the pirate Queen Maz Kanata hid a portion of the spoils of her reign in a buried vault protected by an antitamper sub-space alarm. As of the time that Kanata began writing the book that would become known as the Smuggler's Guide, the alarm on Nantoon had not sounded. The Guavian Death Gang, a criminal group, sought to launch a strike on Nantoon to rule over the galaxy's underworld.
In 34 ABY the smuggler Han Solo and his co-pilot Chewbacca stole a number of relics from the world and stored them in a container on their Baleen-class heavy freighter Eravana. When Solo left the planet in his ship he was tracked and shadowed by the Guavian Death Gang, to whom he owed fifty thousand credits. They caught up with him over the planet Jakku, but Solo and Chewbacca escaped in the YT-1300 light freighter the Millennium Falcon, which they had captured above Jakku.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story (Mentioned only)
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2 (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First pictured)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition