- "But my father didn't fight in the Clone Wars. He was no knight-—just a navigator on a space freighter."
- ―Luke Skywalker
A navigator, also known as an astrogator, was a person who navigated starships.
Aboard starships, the navigator was responsible for plotting a vessel's course through hyperspace with the aid of a navigation computer. Calculating routes took a varied amount of time depending on the difficulty of the hyperspace jump; well-travelled routes and pre-calculated coordinates took minutes, while calculating the coordinates from scratch could take several hours. More difficult journies, such as attempting to calculate a jump from a position where the navigator had to take readings to verify the ship's position, could take up to a day.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (novel) (First mentioned)
- "A Certain Point of View" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- "The Great Herdship Heist" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- "Crimson Bounty" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- Tatooine Manhunt
- "Loyalties" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- (as astrogator)
- "Traitor in our Midst"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Wildfire"—The Kathol Outback
- "The Masters of Exocron"—The Kathol Outback (as astrogator)
- "Galaxy's Edge"—The Kathol Outback
- "Waystation"—The Kathol Rift
- "Showdown"—The Kathol Rift
- "The Saga Nears Its End"—Endgame
- Dark Empire 3