Near Pando was an emerging trade world that was located within the Near Pando system in Hutt Space, a region of the galaxy controlled by the Hutt species. The planet lay on the hyperlane called the Pando Spur that connected it to the world of Far Pando. Near Pando was the site of ancient and mysterious ruins known as the Malabar Construct.
Behind the scenesEdit
Near Pando was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, which placed the planet in grid square S-14. The planet was also going to be mentioned in The Big Switch, a young readers book written by Ryder Windham, however, that book was postponed and eventually cancelled.
The Big SwitchEdit
Approximately four thousand years before the Battle of Yavin, a portrait bust of the Hutt Bogga came to rest on Near Pando. Four millennia later, the bust was excavated from the ruins on the planet.
- The Big Switch (Mentioned only) (Cut content)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 van der Heijden, Eddie (2015-04-22). Star Wars Adventures in Hyperspace Book 3 The Big Switch. The Star Wars Expanded Universe Timeline. starwarstimeline.com. Archived from the original on October 30, 2016. Retrieved on September 1, 2015.
- ↑ Scholastic Paperback Books Fall 2010 (PDF). Scholastic Canada. Scholastic Canada Ltd (Fall 2010). Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved on September 1, 2015.