The planet was originally known by the name Dahrtag. However, after the planet and its surrounding system was opened up to the rest of the galaxy, the name Necropolis was coined by many visitors in reference to the Necropolitans' reverence for their dead. Over time the original name of Dahrtag was all but forgotten, remaining only on military starcharts.
At some point, General Grievous may have fought and killed a Dark Jedi there. Also, it was where Zak Arranda was killed and then reincarnated by Cornelius Evazan, as part of Borborygmus Gog's Project Starscream.
- Galaxy of Fear: City of the Dead (First appearance)
- Galaxy of Fear: Planet Plague (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: The Nightmare Machine (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: Ghost of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: Army of Terror (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: The Brain Spiders (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: Spore (Mentioned only)
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion