Nee Alavar was a female Lorrdian senator from the Kanz sector during the waning days of the Galactic Republic, and was one of the Delegation of 2000 senators—which also included her close friend Malé-Dee—who tried to convince Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to relinquish his emergency powers.
Senator Alavar was there when Padmé Amidala presented the Petition of 2000 to the Supreme Chancellor. Prior to this, she was present to greet Palpatine after his rescue by the Jedi Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi during the Battle of Coruscant.
Following the Declaration of a New Order which formed the Galactic Empire as the successor state to the Republic, Palpatine became Galactic Emperor and gained even more powers. In retaliation, Alavar was arrested by Imperial authorities and brutally executed. Her entire family was separated and deported to labor camps. This led to the formation of dissident groups on Lorrd loosely affiliated with the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Imperial era.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Nee Alavar was portrayed by New Zealander actress Rena Owen in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Owen had previously voiced the Kaminoan character, Taun We, in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization (First appearance)
- (Mentioned only)
- "Appearing Knightley (and the Women of Star Wars)"—Star Wars Insider 75
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Scrapbook
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia