Needlegawps were a species of black eyed scalefin fish with several varieties including the silver-colored sleek needlegawp and the green spotted, yellow skinned speckled needlegawp. The fish were found in the oceans of the planets Corellia and Ahch-To were they were caught by the fisherman of Coronet City and the Lanai Caretakers respectively. In around 34 ABY, the Caretakers had one sleek needlegawp and one speckled needlegawp strung up on a drying rack in the Jedi village on Ahch-To when the Jedi Rey fired a blaster through the wall of the village hut she was staying in.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Needlegawps first appeared in the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. The props were then reused in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story and the species was first named in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Most Wanted (Mentioned only) (First identified as needlegwap, simultaneous with Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Appears as a corpse)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance) (Appears as a corpse)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as needlegawp, simultaneous with Most Wanted)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens to 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the events of The Force Awakens, it must also take place in approximately 34 ABY.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story