The frigid Outer Rim planet Nelvaan was located in the Savareen sector and was home to the peaceful, sentient Nelvaanian species. During the Clone Wars, the planet's exploitation rights were ceded to the Confederacy of Independent Systems by Onaconda Farr, the Galactic Republic senator of Rodia. The Confederacy-aligned Techno Union used the natives to perform experiments, turning them into cyborg monsters.
Nelvaan was a frozen planet in the Outer Rim Territories' Savareen sector, which was located within the Trailing Sectors, at grid coordinates Q-16. It was connected to the planets Tatooine, Geonosis, and Llanic via the Triellus Trade Route and was the homeworld of the hairy white bantha and the hostile reptilian horax.
During the Clone Wars, Galactic Republic Senator Onaconda Farr from Rodia of the Savareen sector brokered a deal with the Confederacy of Independent Systems in which Farr would cede exploitation rights to other planets in the sector, such as Nelvaan, Christophsis, and Zaadja, in exchange for food. This allowed the Techno Union, a guild aligned with the Confederacy, to experiment on the peaceful Nelvaanian natives, turning them into mindless cyborg monstrosities.
Nelvaan was home to the sentient Nelvaanians, a peaceful, low-tech species that fell victim to the experiments of the Techno Union. The people of Nelvaan had a special ritual that required young males to acquire horax scales, which could be used to make an elixir with a scent that could repel the large beasts for a year, in order to join the ranks of the warriors.
Behind the scenesEdit
Nelvaan was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. The world was originally created for the Star Wars Legends continuity in the novel Labyrinth of Evil, written by James Luceno and published in January 2005. The planet's first Legends appearance came in Chapter 22 of the animated microseries Star Wars: Clone Wars, which aired on March 22, 2005, on Cartoon Network.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Rise of the Separatists
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game places Nelvaan on an unlabeled hyperspace route, which identifies as the Triellus Trade Route.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Labyrinth of Evil
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"