- "One day you'll wanna try start herdin' nerfs yourself so you can eat these kebabs everyday."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Nerf Kebabs were a type of kebab that were created by Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs. Made with the meat of the nerf species, small chunks of the meat were skewered in between a beige pastry along with red peppers on the side. It was made on a grill and edible by Artiodacs. Tuggs acknowledged that due to nerfs being common in the galaxy, they were not considered a gourmet option. Nonetheless, he hoped that his culinary flair and addition of Nerfsteak Seasoning would make the meat more enjoyable.
Tuggs included a recipe for Nerf Kebabs in his The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which he authored in 34 ABY. In the book, he promised that after one tried the dish, they would wish to take up nerf herding in order to eat the kebabs each day. Tuggs served the dish at his restaurant, Tuggs' Grub, located in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu.
Behind the scenes
Nerf Kebabs were introduced in the 2019 recipe book Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was authored by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Marc Sumerak. Their out-of-universe recipe calls for water, instant dry yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil, flour, bison or beef, Italian breadcrumbs, an egg, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese. It also calls for Nerfsteak Seasoning, an in-universe seasoning that received its own recipe in the book.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.