Nerf steaks were the meat of a nerf. Each steak usually weighed half a kilo. They were served in different types of meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Nerf steaks were served in several dishes at Dex's Diner. When breakfast grilled nerf steak seasoned with a unique blend of serrian salt, tertium, Punctil, and black hole pepper and served with two gartro eggs was on sale, it cost 12.5 credits and was considered a staple throughout the galaxy. A variation of this was Quor'sav-fried steak. For lunch, nerfsteak sandwich was available for 8.7 credits, and finally for dinner meals, fried nerf steak with melted jerba cheese, grilled Ojomian onions, and Felucian glasscap mushrooms was available for 14.7 credits.
Nerf steaks were one of the foods kept in the galley of the Millennium Falcon. When Nashtah was aboard with Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo, she demanded four raw steaks. Instead of eating them however, she extracted the blood into a glass and drank it.
- (Mentioned only)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Tokyo only) (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical appearance)
- Rebel Force: Target (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Hostage (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Trapped (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Uprising
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Indirect mention only)
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension