- "An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the Netherworld of the Force."
The Netherworld of the Force, also known as the Mist-Beyond, was the place the souls of every being were thought to ascend to after their physical bodies died. The Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn went to this realm after he was killed by Darth Maul, but, thanks to the help of the Force Priestesses, he managed to return to the physical universe as a Force spirit.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "In the rough draft Luke is asleep and struggling with thoughts of Vader and the dark side. Yoda and Ben are also present in the dream, and Luke berates Ben for not telling him that Vader is his father. Yoda explains that he'll soon be joining Ben in the Netherworld, and therefore he'll become stronger and will be better able to help Luke. Vader's voice reappears, and Luke awakens."
- ―First mention of the Netherworld in Episode VI's rough draft
The Netherworld of the Force was first mentioned in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the final installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. However, the Netherworld had been first conceived by George Lucas as early as the revised rough draft of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First mentioned)
- "There is Another"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only) (First identified as Mist-Beyond)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 6 (Indirect mention only)