Neva Kee was a Xamster male Podracer pilot who participated in the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace on the planet Tatooine during the year 32 BBY. During the second lap of the race, Kee flew off course in order to find a short cut and disappeared, never to be seen again. It was possible his racer crashed and he was captured by Jabba the Hutt, but it was never confirmed.
A male member of the Xamster species, Neva Kee was a Podracer pilot who hailed from the planet Xagobah. During the year 32 BBY, Kee was present on the planet Tatooine in order to participate in the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace. Flying a purple-colored inverted, Y-shaped Podracer, Kee started on the nearside position of the last row, behind the seventeen other competitors. After the initial ceremonies, the race host Jabba the Hutt officially began the Boonta.
Kee fared poorly from the get-go, and was quickly passed by the pilot Anakin Skywalker, who had actually stalled on the starting grid and got a late start. Eventually during the second lap, in need of a short cut, Kee flew off course only to never be seen again. Following his disappearance police inspector Tan Divo acquired a hologram image depicting Jabba the Hutt paying bounty hunter Aurra Sing nearby the crash of Neva Kee's podracer. The image displayed two of Jabba's henchmen pulling Kee out of his podracer. All identifying authentimarks were scrubbed from the hologram, so is it unknown if it was true. Divo also developed a theory that Farwan & Glott, the original manufacturers of Kee's Podracer, had hired Sing so that they could acquire the racer's customization secrets, which Kee had never shared.
Personality and traitsEdit
Neva Kee was a blue and off-white-skinned Xamster with orange eyes. During the Boonta Eve Classic, Kee attempted to cheat by finding a short cut off-course, a maneuver that caused his disappearance. Kee also notably never shared his custom modification secrets for his podracer.
Neva Kee flew a Podracer that was a solid, rigid unit as opposed to a traditional Podracer with a cockpit tethered to two engines. Instead of the cockpit being behind the engines, it was instead placed in front of them. He made special secret modifications to his podracer, but never shared them.
Behind the scenesEdit
Neva Kee was created for and first appeared in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Despite the art department creating a lifelike maquette based on the character, only a barely seen 3D render was created for the character that was used for distant shots of Kee's Podracer. Some concept art of the character was rendered by Terryl Whitlatch.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Neva Kee)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Neva Kee (★) (link))
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Force Collection
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious