- "I suppose he could be coming from offplanet, though why he'd pick a spot like this for the transfer I couldn't guess. No offense."
"None taken. Not exactly New Codia, is it?"
- ―Padmé Amidala and Janott
In 19 BBY, Galactic Republic Senator Padmé Amidala traveled to the the Outer Rim Territories' planet Batuu to meet with her former handmaiden Duja. After she arrived on Batuu and discovered that Duja had been killed, Amidala visited a cantina in Black Spire Outpost. Not wanting to reveal to the bartender, Janott, her true reason for being on Batuu, Amidala instead told him she was supposed to be meeting a man named "Kuseph Jovi" to give him his new starship. When the Senator added that she was not sure why "Jovi" had chosen a location like Batuu for the transfer point, Janott unfavorably compared Batuu to New Codia. Amidala agreed before wondering whether New Codia was a star system, a planet or a city.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Alliances (First mentioned, simultaneous with Thrawn: Alliances audiobook)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances that are set during the Clone Wars, including Padmé Amidala traveling to Batuu, occur sometime after Ahsoka Tano's trial for her alleged sedition against the Galactic Republic and Jedi Order, and before Amidala's death, both of which are dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.