- "At least the New Republic can evacuate the next target before they show."
"Yes. Let's see what happens at New Holgha."
- ―Goran Beviin and Boba Fett discuss the upcoming Yuuzhan Vong attack
New Holgha was a terrestrial planet in the Outer Rim Territories' Ciutric sector, known for its Five Holy Cities. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, it was easily conquered by the extragalactic invaders after the New Republic, believing Mandalorian intelligence on the upcoming attack to be untrustworthy, relocated New Holgha's defense force elsewhere.
Description[edit | edit source]
New Holgha was a terrestrial planet in the Shirb system of the Outer Rim Territories. Located in the Ciutric sector of the New Territories, it was linked to the Shaum Hii and Vinsoth systems by the Celanon Spur hyperlane. Its surface featured tree cover.
History[edit | edit source]
- "The New Republic didn't believe us. Well, maybe they'll believe us now."
- ―Goran Beviin witnesses the attack on New Holgha
In 25 ABY, New Holgha was held by the New Republic before it was attacked by the extragalactic Yuuzhan Vong three months after the beginning of the Yuuzhan Vong War. Although the Mandalorian leader, Boba Fett, had passed on intelligence to the New Republic citing the world as the Yuuzhan Vong's next target, the New Republic did not trust the source, as the Mandalorians were publicly allied with the Yuuzhan Vong. New Holgha was not evacuated, and its garrison was redeployed to the New Republic stronghold on the astronomical object Pedd Four. Following this, New Holgha's planetary defense radar was sabotaged overnight, and the world subsequently fell without significant resistance.
Fett betrayed the Yuuzhan Vong as the invaders laid waste to New Holgha's Five Holy Cities, and began passing future intelligence on the extragalactic invaders to a more reliable source—the Jedi Knight Kubariet, whom Fett and his comrades rescued from a Yuuzhan Vong attack. Following the attack, the Shirb system became part of the Yuuzhan Vong empire, and remained under its control until the Yuuzhan Vong were defeated in 29 ABY.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
- "They redeployed troops to defend Pedd Four. So they think we gave them misinformation."
- ―Goran Beviin, on the New Republic's withdrawal of the New Holgha garrison
Locations[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
New Holgha first appeared in Boba Fett: A Practical Man, a 2006 eBook written by Karen Traviss. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Shirb system, and therefore New Holgha, in grid square N-5.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Boba Fett: A Practical Man (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Boba Fett: A Practical Man
- The Essential Atlas—Based on corresponding data for Shirb system
- Shirb system —Based on corresponding data for
- Boba Fett: A Practical Man, the events of which The Essential Reader's Companion places in between 24 and 25 ABY, dates the Yuuzhan Vong attack on New Holgha to three months after the beginning of their invasion of the galaxy, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 25 ABY. Therefore, the attack must also take place in 25 ABY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 374 ("New Holgha")