The New Mandalorians, (singular New Mandalorian) was the pacifist government of the Mandalorians that controlled the Mandalore system in the Outer Rim, who placed great importance on the virtues of pacifism, neutrality, and nonviolence, rather than military strength. They were led by a Duchess of Mandalore up until its dissolution following the coup in 19 BBY. Their pacifist ideals were eventually opposed by Death Watch, who sought to return the Mandalorian people to the proud martial ways of their ancestors. Although the New Mandalorians rejected the ways of old, their capital city of Sundari displayed murals detailing their exploits during their wars with the Jedi Order.
Mandalorian Civil WarEdit
- "Master Qui-Gon and I spent a year on Mandalore, protecting the duchess from insurgents who had threatened her world. They sent bounty hunters after us. We were always on the run, living hand to mouth, never sure what the next day would bring."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
At some point before the Invasion of Naboo, a civil war erupted for control of the Outer Rim world of Mandalore and was fought between competing ideals within Mandalorian society. Such as the warrior clans and insurgents who wished to see a return to their warrior past and the New Mandalorians government, led by Satine Kryze of House Kryze.
During the war, the Jedi Order sent Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, who spent a year on Mandalore to protect the Duchess as the insurgents attempted to kill the group using bounty hunters, forcing them to live on the run. At the end of the civil war, Kryze ruled Mandalore while the clans were exiled to Concordia.
Death Watch InsurgencyEdit
Though the exiled clans were presumed to have died out on Concordia, the survivors had in fact regrouped and formed the Death Watch splinter group, who opposed the pacifistic Mandalorian government and desired to restore Mandalore's war-like culture. They were secretly led by Concordia's Governor, Pre Vizsla, and Duchess Satine's sister Bo-Katan Kryze.[source?]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious