The New Republic Army was a segment of the New Republic Defense Force that served as the ground military of the New Republic. It was formed from the ground forces of the Alliance to Restore the Republic after the New Republic was established.
Formed from the Alliance Army, the Rebel SpecForces were re-purposed as commandos to seize bridgeheads during planetary assaults, while the bulk of the Army was to be used for occupation and peacekeeping duties.
In 5 ABY, the Army won a protracted three-month battle on Milagro against the Imperial Army. In 6 ABY the army liberated Coruscant under the command of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, General Rand Talor, and General Brenn Tantor.
The New Republic Army suffered heavy losses fighting against the Dark Empire in Operation Shadow Hand. Following the post-12 ABY reorganization of the New Republic Defense Force, the Army was abolished and its defense responsibilities transferred to the Planetary Security Forces, while the New Republic Marines took over the planetary assault role under the command of the naval battle groups as part of a fully-integrated Defense Force.
- Commando Team One
- Katarn Commandos
- Special Forces
- Eclipse Team
- 42nd Republican Guard Assault Division
- Republican Guard
- Guile Company
- New Republic trooper
- New Republic Marine
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Force Commander
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (Mentioned only)
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (First appearance)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising
- Dark Empire
- Dark Empire II
- Champions of the Force
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill (Mentioned only)
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- The New Essential Chronology
- Twin Stars of Kira
- The Essential Guide to Warfare