The New Republic Era, also known as the era of the New Republic or the Age of the Resistance or the Era of the Resistance, was the period of time that immediately followed the Age of the Empire. It was marked by the rise and rule of the democratic New Republic, which was gradually established after the defeat of the fascist Galactic Empire at Endor. Although that period was mostly an era of peace, the government's lack of vigilance ultimately led to political fragmentation, which in turn permitted the rise of the First Order.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the New Republic was officially founded from the Rebel Alliance one year after the Battle of Endor, and twenty-nine years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY, thereby placing the formation of the New Republic from the Rebel Alliance in 5 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Shattered Empire 4
- Last Shot
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The First Order Occupation"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Age of Resistance
- Star Wars: Droidography