- "High Command might, might take me seriously enough to transfer someone from elsewhere on the battlefront, though it would be humiliating beyond belief—she’s still the only one with inside experience. She’s the one who’s been training the squadron to work together. We don’t have time to find someone else."
- ―Caern Adan, to IT-O
History[edit | edit source]
Early days[edit | edit source]
Sometime following the Battle of Endor, the Alliance to Restore the Republic transitioned into the New Republic and the Alliance High Command transitioned into the New Republic High Command. After the campaign in the Cerberon system, General Hera Syndulla was part of a New Republic High Command conference through hologram that spent at least two nights discussing a conflict over agriworlds three sectors away from the Cerberon system that, despite coming at a great expose, had won fresh supply ships that were to be sent to the planet Troithe.
Cold war[edit | edit source]
- "This is the order from Republic Command, do you understand? We don't engage the First Order, we don't provoke the First Order."
- ―Major Lonno Deso, to Commander Poe Dameron
During the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, Republic Command, unlike the Galactic Senate, did view the First Order as a legitimate threat, but the Senate intervened and went as far as to order the Republic's armed forces not to engage the Order in combat. General Leia Organa of the Resistance sought to gather irrefutable evidence of First Order violations of the Galactic Concordance to present to Republic Command and the Senate in an effort to sway their opinion on the matter.
Aiding the Resistance[edit | edit source]
- "We can't retreat. New Republic Command says we have to deliver the intel to the Resistance."
- ―Kazuda Xiono, to his squadron
Eventually, New Republic Command received intelligence that they needed to get to the Resistance, and tasked Republic pilot Kazuda Xiono and his squadron with delivering the intelligence to Commander Poe Dameron.
Destruction of Hosnian system[edit | edit source]
- "General, the Republic command—the entire Hosnian system—it's all—gone."
- ―Taslin Brance, to General Leia Organa
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only) (First identified as New Republic High Command)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Age of Resistance - Poe Dameron 1 (Mentioned only)
- Before the Awakening (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (Mentioned only) (First identified as New Republic Command)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens audiobook (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Before the Awakening
- Alphabet Squadron
- Shadow Fall
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the formation of the New Republic as taking place thirty years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, It can be deduced that the New Republic High Command was formed in 4 ABY as well.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens